- 1 big yellow onion
- 1 red Bell pepper
- 1 green Bell pepper
Next, cook 3/4 cups of dry quinoa (I do this in a rice cooker. Ratio of quinoa to water is 1:2, simmer for 20 minutes.
Put all that in a crock pot with:
- 12 oz jar of Goya Sofrito tomato cooking base
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans black eyed peas
- 1 cup frozen corn (I used the roasted corn from Trader Joe's)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon jarred, minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Half a teaspoon liquid smoke.
Cook in the crock pot on low for 6 hours.
I suggest adding some hot sauce. I only left it out for the kids, and then added it individually to my bowl.