- Large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jarred, minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Medium head of cabbage, sliced (as you can see from the picture, I happened to have a purple cabbage. But you can use green ones too if you want.)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz bag egg noodles (I used yolk free, but if you're not eating eggs, just get whatever broad noodles you like.)
2.) Add cabbage and all of the other ingredients except the nutritional yeast and noodles, simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.) In the last 10 minutes, boil the noodles then rinse (don't let them get mushy!)
4.) Stir in the nutritional yeast with the cabbage, then gently stir in the noddles.